Each day when I get to the office I sit and see a card I have laminated under a glass cover on my computer desk. The card is a listing of 21 Great Words of Advice. I am not its author, but I do try to reflect on these as often as I can. Here at the end of this summer and before we get so wrapped up in the last half of 2012 let me share with you a few of my favorites. It is my hope that you might just file one or two away and use them sometime. Or even better yet, maybe you have one or two you would like to share with me with which I can add to my list.
1. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
2. Don’t believe all you hear, spend all you have, or sleep all you want.
3. Never laugh at anyone’s dreams. People who do not have dreams do not have much.
4. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt, but it is the only way to live life completely.
5. Talk slowly, but think quickly.
6. Remember that great loves and great achievements involve great risk.
7. When you lose, do not lose the lesson.
8. Remember the 3R’s. Respect for self. Respect for others. Responsibility for all your actions.
9. Don’t let a little dispute injury a great friendship.
10. When you realized you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
11. Spend some time alone. So, there are some of my favorites. Do you choose any of these to live by in your daily life? What others do you have that you’d like to share? I’d love to hear them! If you’d like the rest of my list (to see the full 21) send me an email and I’ll be happy to share (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Anyway, enjoy these and the rest of your summer.
The opinions voiced in this material are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual.