There's A Lot To Thank On Thanksgiving
As I thought about what I would write about in this week’s blog, obviously with Thanksgiving last week, I decided to be ubiquitous and write about thankfulness. However, I decided to not talk about what I am thankful for. I wanted to write from the perspective of all of us at HMC Partners. So here we go:
- It’s a given that without clients, we have no company. However, we are blessed with having decent, moral, thoughtful and appreciative clients. With the vast majority of our clients, we have become friends. We have grown older and I’d like to think wiser with you. We have laughed and cried with your ups and downs. We’ve endured bulls and bears while witnessing some of the best and worst humanity has dealt this great country. We can’t thank you enough for your kindness and loyalty.
- We are thankful for all the fun events we do each year. It’s a great way for us to spend quality time with you in relaxed atmospheres. Whether it’s Phil Orlando from Federated or Nuveen’s Bob Doll educating us with their vast knowledge and wit or appreciation events like “A Christmas Carol”, “The Nutcracker” or “A Wonderful Life” where we can share some good food and libations, we enjoy any excuse to get together with you.
- I’d be remissed if I didn’t mention family. Certainly just as you, we are all thankful for families. Sometimes we are less thankful than others, but during this season we all pay tribute to our families both insular and extended. However, we are also very thankful for our HMC family. When you truly admire, respect, and love every one you work with, it makes coming to work very easy. Each of us brings our own set of strengths when melded together gives us the mosaic known as HMC Partners. I wouldn’t trade a one. Thank you John, Kathy, Diane and Kelly for being the amazing people you are.
- We have to mention our dogs. We’re a very dog-centric, dog-friendly company as you’ve probably ascertained from our past Holiday cards and latest WXII commercial. When dogs are in the office, the collective blood pressure decreases while moral increases. Anytime you want to bring your dog to a review, please just let us know in advance.
- Finally, we are thankful for the road we’ve traveled together. For many of you, there are a lot of miles with us on those roads. There are many things in the works that will enhance what I hope has been a wonderful experience for you during your time with us at HMC Partners. We are not at liberty to discuss them all now, however you should see some exciting news in the near future that will help ensure the superior client experience you’ve grown to expect.
We hope you enjoyed your families this Thanksgiving. We thank you for all you’ve done to enhance our lives and for the experiences we have shared with each of you. Have a Blessed Holiday.